Narrow casting is the transmitting and displaying of information to and on screens. Narrow casting is directed at a specific group in a specific place.
Narrow casting can be set up very broadly and is a beautiful, effective, and modern way for every company, school, non-profit concern and sports association to communicate, for instance, with its own personnel or with customers, visitors, or patients.
Some examples of how you can utilise narrow casting internally and externally in your communication and marketing strategies.
- (Local) weather, news and traffic bulletins
- Directional signage inside your building
- Targets and Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Welcoming visitors
- Birthdays and internal vacancies
- Jubilees and other festive celebrations
- Introduction of new products and services
- Offers and actions
- Product and promotional videos
- Waiting times and issuing of numbers
- Utilising Social Media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Yammer
- Use of video channels like YouTube and Vimeo
- Information and changes to timetables
- Moving news tickertape with information
- Evacuation information
- Establishing links to existing internal databases
As you can see, the options are endless and very diverse. Narrow casting has become an indispensable factor in every modern communication and marketing implementation.